The Fenix HM70R is an all-metal headlamp that provides long-distance and wide-range lighting, with a maximum brightness of 1600 lumens and a maximum runtime of up to 100 hours. This versatile headlamp is fitted with red and white light sources plus a red flash mode for alerting purposes. Powered by a powerful 21700 battery and it is compatible with a 18650 battery (with an ALF-18 battery holder) as well. It is rechargeable with a hidden USB Type-C charging port for go-anywhere charging. Featuring a large-sized switch, impact resistant to 2 meters, it can be your trustworthy lighting tool for high-intensity outdoor work and it is ready to travel with you to a variety of challenging activities.
FAQs about Fenix HM70R Headlamp
Q1. What kind of LEDs are used in HM70R? Does Fenix offer to replace LED?
A: A Luminus SST40 white light LED, an XP-G2 HE neutral white LED and two 2835 red light LEDs.
Fenix does not provide LED replacement services for the time being, and users are not recommended to replace the LEDs independently, which may affect product performance and cause product damage.
Q2. What is the color temperature of HM70R?
A: Around 6000K.
Q3. What is the working voltage of HM70R?
A: Current: 4.3A, Voltage: 3.7V.
Q4. Is HM70R rechargeable? How long is the charging time?
A: HM70R is rechargeable. The charging time is about 4 hours. (The indicator on the battery case will display red while charging, and will turn green when fully charged.)
Note: The charging port features inner waterproofing treatment, can normally work in the event of water immersion.
Q5. How to prevent accidentally activate the HM70R?
A: Lock: when the lamp is switched off, press and hold the switch for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink red 3 times to indicate locked status.
Unlock: when the lamp is locked, press and hold the switch for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 3 one-second red blinks and activated on Red Light mode.
In locked status, clicking the switch will activate 3 one-second red blinks to indicate locked status.
Q6. Why does the HM70R downshift to a lower mode after being used for a while and the higher mode cannot be selected?
A: There are two reasons:
- Intelligent Overheat Protection
The lamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used at relatively high output levels for extended periods. When the lamp reaches a temperature of 65°C or above, the lamp will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 65°C, it will then allow the user for the reselection of the modes.
- Low-voltage Warning
When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the headlamp is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output mode, the battery level indicator blinks to remind you to timely recharge or replace the battery.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21-5000 battery.
Q7. Why does the HM70R happen to flicker?
A: The reasons that may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace the battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
B: The contact point or contact of the battery or headlamp is dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
If the above methods don't work, please contact the distributor.
Q8. What kind of battery can be used in HM70R?
A: Fenix ARB-L21-5000 Li-ion battery is recommended. A 18650 Li-ion battery can be used as well (together with an ALF-18 battery holder).
Other Li-ion batteries are not recommended. As Higher modes fail to light up due to current and voltage limitation, an unmatched battery may cause the light to fail to work normally.
Q9. What are the optional accessories for HM70R?
A: ALG-03 and ALG-04.
Q10. What should I do when the HM70R needs repair?
A: 1. 15-day replacement: Fenix will replace identical or equal products with documented manufacturing defects within 15 days of purchase.
- 5-year free repair: Fenix will repair a light free of charge within 5 years (non-detachable light: 2 years, rechargeable battery and other accessories: 1 year) of purchase if problems develop with normal use.
- Lifetime maintenance: If repair is required after 5 years from the date of purchase, Fenix will charge for parts. The total repair fee is dictated by the cost of the replaced materials.
- Warranty certificate: Please keep the warranty card in contacting the authorized distributors for after-sale maintenance, Fenix will provide service support to the distributors.
Fenix HM70R Specs
|LED||Brightness Level||Waterproof||Specifications (Width, Length, Diameter)||Weight||Battery|
Luminus SST40 white light LED,
XP-G2 HE neutral white LED
two 2835 red light LEDs
|8 output levels||IPX-68 underwater 2m||87mm (length) x 46mm (width) x 51mm (height)||121 g||1 x 18650|
|ANSI/NEMA FL1||General Mode||Functional Mode|
|Turbo||High||Mid||Low||Red Light||MED||HIGH||RED FLASH|
|Runtime||4 h||6 h||30 h||
|400 h||48 h||8 h||800|
|Impact Resistant||2 meters|
- 1600 lumens maximum output; 100 hours ultra-long maximum runtime.
- A Luminus SST40 white light LED, an XP-G2 HE neutral white LED and two 2835 red light LEDs.
- Included a 21700 Li-ion battery, a 18650 Li-ion battery can be used as well (together with an ALF-18 battery holder).
- White, neutral white and red lights combined.
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with an anti-reflective coating.
- Hidden USB Type-C charging port supports 2A charging current.
- Large thumb-sized switch for easy and fast operation.
- Digitally regulated circuit for maintaining a stable output.
- Length : 94.5 mm
- Width : 51 mm
- Height : 46 mm
- Weight : 206 grams (including battery and headband)
- ARB L21 50000 Li-ion battery
- USB Type C cable
- User Manual
- spare O-ring
- Warranty Card